The Daniels Spectrum Summer Series brings fun programming and activities to the streets of Regent Park every summer. The program aims to engage and inspire young people and families, and provide meaningful training and employment opportunities.For its 2018 Daniels Spectrum Summer Series, Artscape is looking to partner with five organizations or individuals to deliver free, outdoor arts & cultural programs, events and/or installations in Regent Park between mid-July and September 2018.
Selected partners will:
- Receive a maximum of $5,000 to run their initiative
- Receive some in-kind staffing and equipment from Artscape
- Receive supplementary marketing and promotional support as part of the overarching Summer Series marketing plan
- Become part of a growing initiative that engages and inspires Regent Park residents through free outdoor arts and cultural programming
Interested parties are invited to read this call and submit an application by Friday May 25, 2017 at noon.
PLEASE NOTE: While a key goal of the initiative is to engage youth aged 14-29 as staff, volunteers and participants, Artscape also encourages applications geared to all age groups.
Priority will be given to applications made by Regent Park organizations and individuals; however this call is open to organizations based outside the Regent Park community, provided they collaborate with a Regent Park organization or community member (Artscape defines a Regent Park community member as a person who is currently active in the Regent Park community, e.g. a current or former resident, or a staff or volunteer working with a Regent Park based organization). Please be sure to include the contact information of the partnered Regent Park organization or community member on your application (under “Secondary Contact”).
Events or activities of a religious nature or those that include the proselytization or evangelization of religious beliefs will not be eligible for funding under this program.
About Summer Series
Daniels Spectrum Summer Series launched in 2012 thanks to the generosity of anonymous donors to the Toronto Artscape Foundation. Their donations have enabled Artscape to support and partner with several community partners to produce free outdoor summer programming and events in Regent Park, the majority of which are targeted at youth. Examples of funded initiatives have included outdoor film screenings, drop-in dance and drama programs, interactive street art installations, outdoor concerts, bi-weekly community block parties and much more. This year, Artscape is looking for community partners to animate the public spaces near Daniels Spectrum (with an emphasis on programming on Regent Park Boulevard, and other possible outdoor locations), in the midst of the third and largest phase of the Regent Park revitalization.
CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCESS
Applications will be reviewed by a jury composed of Regent Park community members and stakeholders who will review applications based on the following criteria:
1. Strength of vision for the proposed project.
2. Engagement of Regent Park residents (especially youth aged 14-29).
3. Arts based programming that animates the outdoor spaces adjacent to Daniels Spectrum (Regent Park Boulevard, Daniels Spectrum Courtyard and/or Regent Park – aka the Big Park, Athletic Grounds, etc).
4. Impact of the project on Regent Park residents (including opportunities for training/employment of residents and youth specifically).
5. Strength of proposed marketing and promotions strategy (i.e. ability to attract attendees).
6. Experience and/or demonstrated capacity to run the proposed programming.
7. Anticipated reach and impact of the proposed project on the Regent Park community and beyond
HOW TO APPLY
Please answer the following questions in the application form
You will also be required to complete and submit a budget and marketing strategy template for your proposed program.
Please click the links below to download the budget and marketing strategy template. When you have finished filling them out please save them and upload them with your application.
BUDGET TEMPLATE: here
MARKETING STRATEGY TEMPLATE: here
If you have any questions about this process, contact elle alconcel at Daniels Spectrum via email (email@example.com)
The Deadline for Submissions is FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2018 AT noon
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by FRIDAY, JUNE 8, 2018
Thank you for your interest in being part of this program!
ABOUT TORONTO ARTSCAPE FOUNDATION
The Toronto Artscape Foundation works to increase the public’s understanding of arts and culture through its support of community arts programs, creative placemaking educational programs and access to arts and cultural facilities. The Foundation is a registered charity governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Support from individual donors, public and private foundations, and corporations empowers the Toronto Artscape Foundation to undertake ambitious projects that positively impact the lives of artists and foster vibrant communities.