Are you looking for funding to do an outdoor program, event and/or art installation in Regent Park this summer? We want to hear from you! We’re seeking to partner with five to eight organizations or individuals to be a part of this year’s Daniels Spectrum Summer Series.
We invite you to read this call and submit an application by Monday, March 6, 2017 at 12:00pm. You will have the opportunity to become part of an initiative that aims to bring fun programming and activities to the streets of Regent Park, engage and inspire youth and families, and provide meaningful training and employment opportunities.
Successful applicants will:
- Receive a maximum of $10,000 to run their initiative
- Receive some in-kind staffing and equipment from Artscape
- Benefit from an interactive workshop series relating to Summer Series event management and logistics, reporting, and marketing and promotions
- Receive supplementary marketing and promotional support as part of the overarching Summer Series marketing plan
- Become part of a growing initiative that engages and inspires Regent Park residents through free outdoor arts and cultural programming
We encourage anyone interested in applying to attend an information session on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at Daniels Spectrum in the Artscape Lounge at 4:00pm. At this information session, Artscape will review the application, provide tips for writing a compelling application and review the expectations of successful applicants.
Artscape will notify applicants by April 1, 2017 regarding the status of their application.
If you have any questions about this process, contact Elle Alconcel at Daniels Spectrum via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check out highlights from Daniels Spectrum Summer Series 2016 below! (Photo Credits: Aniqa Rahman, Anthony Berot, Karimah Gheddai, Camila Placio, Celina Moore, Dan Tahmizian)