Artscape is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Manager of Events to join our Daniels Spectrum team. The Assistant Manager of Events is responsible for client management and logistics of events at Daniels Spectrum, ensuring that client needs are met with a high quality standard of service, to create a positive client experience and promote repeat business.
Client and Venue Management:
- In collaboration with the Artscape team, tenants and appropriate stakeholders, coordinates all venue-related logistics for events in Ada Slaight Hall, Artscape Lounge, Green Room and other event areas
- Acts as main point of contact for clients regarding all event venue logistics
- Manages client expectations including assessing the needs of clients and exercising good judgment to make appropriate recommendations, ensuring all client documentation is delivered on time for the event, meeting and communicating with clients throughout the event planning process
- Works closely with event services teams in other properties to execute communication protocols and operating procedures, under the supervision of Managing Director and Manager, Events, Memberships and Business Development
- Maintains ongoing communication and coordination with tenants, clients and guests in a friendly and professional manner, demonstrating a collaborative spirit; works closely with staff to troubleshoot, manage and minimize event services impact on tenants
- Participates in fundraising initiatives by working collaboratively with the Fund Development Department to execute fundraising events at Daniels Spectrum
- Contributes to a collaborative work environment while providing excellent customer service by acting as Venue Supervisor or Venue Support Staff on an ad-hoc basis as required
People and Relationship Management:
- Under the guidance of the Managing Director and the Sales Manager, manages part-time event staff including scheduling, task assignments, equipment allocation to ensure conformance with department objective and goals, health and safety guidelines, review, hiring and disciplinary actions
- Fosters a collaborative work environment among colleagues, tenants and community members
- Maintains and builds positive relationships with part-time staff and team in order to motivate, inspire and engage in a creative and positive dynamic work environment
- Ensures health and safety guidelines are followed by direct reports, clients and caterers
- Communicates event logistics to proactively troubleshoot issues by leading weekly team meetings and detailed event briefings
- Manages the preparation and administering of relevant documents and packages for clients (including suppliers and vendors where relevant)
- Coordinates and prepares event overviews, Venue Supervisor clipboards, weekly calendar meeting spreadsheets, notes for event staff and other documents with event details
- When required, reconciles reporting for invoicing, SOCAN/Re:Sound, Fund Development and other (e.g. MPAC)
- Manages weekly payment reports including payment processing, petty cash and occasionally payroll
- At least two years’ experience in a fast paced event environment, including venue management, catering or food services and/or on-site event support
- Flexible, adaptable and resourceful; ability to prioritize and manage in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer service and client management skills; ability to diffuse and manage conflict while maintaining a strong sense of political acuity
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to work with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Previous experience managing a team of people
- Passionate, collaborative in a team environment and comfortable in an open concept office
- Experience working or living in the Regent Park community would be considered a strong asset
- Experience working with Salesforce is a strong asset
- CPR and Emergency First Aid is an asset
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Note: The following will appear in every Job Posting.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
Suite 224, 171 East Liberty Street
Toronto, ON M6K 3P6
firstname.lastname@example.org (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
All email submissions will receive a message confirming receipt. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca