Position: Daniels Spectrum Summer Series Street Team Member
Position Type: Part-Time/ Hourly at approximately 3-5 hours/week
Start Date: Tuesday, July 4, 2017
End Date: Friday, September 1, 2017
Application deadline: Thursday, June 29, 2017
Now in its fifth year, the Daniels Spectrum Summer Series is a series of free arts and cultural outdoor programs, events and art installations taking place in and around Daniels Spectrum in the Regent Park community. Thanks to the support of two anonymous donors, Artscape will partner with 9 different local organizations, collectives and artists from June to August for this year’s Summer Series program. Activities will include circus workshops, games nights, photo walking tours, visual art installations, music & cultural festivals, and community and food events.
Artscape is looking for youth (ages 14 – 24 years old) to join the Daniels Spectrum Summer Series Street Team on a 2-month, part-time contract. As a Street Team member, you will be responsible for helping to promote the Summer Series throughout the Regent Park community. Street Team Members will report to Daniels Spectrum’s Curator.
- Promote the Summer Series with enthusiasm at community events and high traffic areas throughout the community from July – August 2017.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the various programs, events, installations and cater “pitches” according to your audience
- Answer any general questions the public might have about the Daniels Spectrum Summer Series and Daniels Spectrum or refer them to the appropriate Artscape staff member in a positive, helpful tone
- Distribute appropriate materials for each shift including but not limited to the Daniels Spectrum Summer Series monthly flyers, business cards, etc.
Administration / Miscellaneous
- Log hours worked each week using the log template provided by the Curator.
All members of the Summer Series Street Team will:
- Approach community members in an outgoing, friendly and professional manner
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of all the Summer Series programming (including but not limited to dates, times, locations, etc.)
- Represent Daniels Spectrum and Artscape with a high level of integrity
- Wear the Daniels Spectrum Summer Series t-shirts during all shifts
- Provide at least 48 hours advance notice if you cannot make your shift
- Debrief with the Daniels Spectrum Curator on any important community or marketing issues identified during employment period
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible schedule
- Responsible, reliable and punctual
- A good understanding of the Regent Park community
- Self motivated, Energetic and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working customer service or public speaking is an asset
- Promotions background is an asset
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 12:00pm on Thursday June 29, 2017
TO APPLY: Please respond with:
- A resume
- A cover letter is recommended
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note Daniels Spectrum Summer Series Street Team in the email subject line)
All email submissions will receive a message confirming receipt. No phone calls please. Artscape thanks all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
elle alconcel, Curator
Suite 260, 585 Dundas St. East
Toronto, ON M5A 2B7
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities.
For more information on Artscape, please visit www.artscape.ca
ABOUT DANIELS SPECTRUM
Daniels Spectrum, a cultural hub in Regent Park, is a 60,000 square foot purpose-built platform for creative exchange and expression that is rooted in the rich cultural diversity of the local community and open to the world. A key element in the social and community development goals of the Regent Park revitalization, Daniels Spectrum has played an important role in creating an inclusive, liveable, healthy, safe and vibrant neighbourhood since it opened in September 2012.