- Vanguardia Dance Projects Magazine Latino PositiveVibes T.O Ryerson University School of Fashion Rethink Sustainability Initiatives Oakham Community Theatre NSK theatre OCADU Eco Canada BEAT - Building Equality in Architecture b current Performing Art Co. Sound Supremacy Entertainment, Inc. Canadian Social Innovation Exchange JAYU Anisa Tejpar Lambda Literary Toronto Machine Learning Toronto Anime Club Toronto War Museum Elevate Toronto Wash2Give Square Cirlce Social Circus #ShootForPeace Puppetmongers Theatre Islamic Relief Canada Stephen Lewis Foundation CCDI Nagata Shachu Start Up Fashion Week Raising Artists Canadian Special Events Magazine Modern Times Stage Company NEXIM INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION Toronto Kiwanis Boys & Girls Club Profoto Canada Rania El Mugammar Rania El Mugammar Spark Box Studio Ambessa Weddings The Ryerson Musical Theatre Company (RMTC Patricia Garcia Office of Bill Morneau Park People Centre for Social Innovation U.S. Consulate General in Toronto Craft Ontario Al-Qānitāt Stacy-Ann Buchanan Productions Faze Magazine GADFLY Cry for the Children Foundation Zahra Siddiqui Red Snow Collective Dedra McDermott Suubi Fusion Troupe Suubi Fusion Troupe Well Seasoned Productions Pride Toronto Spoke N' Heard DARK Dance Company Cabbagetown Short Film Festival Aluna Theatre Sparkplug Collective PhemPhat Entertainment Group Centre for Mindfulness Studies Edge Control Studio Inc. Imani Enterprises Anti-Racism Directorate For Youth Initiave Mesfun Haile Healing Hearts Project KJ Group Vibe Arts Canadian Pole Fitness Association Daniels Spectrum Paprika Festival The Waterworks Company Sashar Zarif Dance Theatre Zíngari Flamenco Round 4 records Emergency Monologues IMFDF Toronto Arts Foundation Toronto Council Fire Native Cultural Centre Emerging Young Artists National Ballet of Canada Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic WaterAid Canada Regent Park School of Music VIVA! Youth Singers Of Toronto Toronto Symphony Youth Orchestra VIVA! Youth Singers of Toronto Lorraine Segato The Children's Book Bank Collaborative Practice Toronto Vistek Peacebuilders International (Canada) Ryerson Community Theatre RISE EDUTAINMENT Ecoologos Toronto Twilight Rotary Club My Opera Jackman Humanities Institute University of Toronto Scarborough Little Black Afro Millenial Leadership Summit Rooftops Canada Inspired Souls Boundless Events CINEMATOSCAPE Large Urban Mayor’s Caucus of Ontario (LUMCO) The Common Thread Couchiching Institute on Public Affairs The Shortest Day UPFRONT THEATRE FOUNDATION Business for the Arts F-You Project Foodies on Foot Indigal Anishnawbe Helath Toronto Scotiabank Giller Light Bash Art Calorie / Generative Lab/YEMO Indie Music Jessie's- The June Callwood Centre for Young Women! Sister Talk Group Artist Health Alliance Dixon Hall The Stop Community Food Centre Kouraba Heart & Stroke Foundation Caribbean Tourism Organization Foundation Dancers of Damelahamid Margaret's Bikila Awards Regent Park Islamic Resource Centre Cry For The Children Foundation Canada's Top Choice Charitable Foundation Karen McMullin
- Toronto Chirstian Resource Centre CSI Regent Park Pan Am Food Festival UforChange Toronto 2015 Panamania Presentations Outburst! Darchei Noam Veg Heads Spotlight Charity Film Festival Masini McDermott International Pub Night Gomo George JVS Toronto The Wearable Art Show Daytrippers Children's Charity Amref Help Africa Xposed Fashion Show Bangladesh Theatre Toronro RETechTalks Metro Youth Opera Canada 300 GDay Artscape The Wrecking Ball in Association with Native Earth Performing Arts Cabbagetown Regent Park Museum Toronto Centre for Active Transportation Sustainable Buildings Canada ReelHeART International Film Festival Daytrippers Urban Land Institute Charlotte Siegel Tangled Art + Disability Toronto Wing Festival Fashion Art Toronto The Children's Book Bank HERstory Toronto Vegetarian Association Miss Awoulaba Canada Arts Access Fund The Stage Door Academy Soundstreams The Irish Choral Society of Canada Cultural Pluralism in the Arts Movement Ontario (CPAMO) Unspun Theatre Newchoir Batuki Music Canadian Small Business Women MegaCity Chorus Junior League of Toronto Sandbox Promotions Praxis Theatre Aboriginal Human Resource Council Lightsavers Canada Bound to Create Theatre SBC Baobab Afrikan Arts City of Toronto Moyo Theatre & GromKat Productions Sunny Choi Nia Centre for the Arts Festival Kompa Zouk Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture Arts for Children and Youth The Chop Suzies Collective Helping Every Youth Magazine Muhtadi International Drumming Festival Honouring Mandela Committe Wavelength Music Arts Projects The Collective Spaces Artreach Toronto Unity Charity Trey Anthony Studios Elimu Sanifu Matthew House Refugee Reception Services Toronto Regent Park Food Partnership Bullets to Butterflies Trinity Life Church Prince's Foundation for Building Community Photographers Without Borders Cahoots Theater Company Luminato Festival Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic African Women Acting Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre Aroni Awards Renanim Youth Singers Yoga Unite Groupe Professionnel Haitien de Toronto Amadeusz's Look At My Life Project Farahway Global Ontario Black History Society Acting Up Stage Company Common Thread Chorus Street Health fu-GEN Theatre Company The Agokwe Collective SpeakSudan Paintbox Bistro Nggaali Project Afrotropolis Arts Collective Storytelling Toronto Park People S.E.A.S. Centre The PaMoja Project Super Mom Entrepreneur Regent Park Neighbouhood Inititive Council of Agencies Serving South Asians (CASSA) 3MW Collective Archie Alleyne Scholarship Fund Toronto Media Project Jan Shepard Centre for Community Learning & Development: FCJ Refugee Centre Subtle Vigilance Suburban Beast The Canadian Opera Company The Magenta Foundation Harmony Movement Fife House Foundation GADFLY People to People Aid Organization (Canada) New Harlem Productions & Saskatchewan Native Theatre TEDxToronto Working Skills Centre CBC Radio One SPEAKout Stratford Shakespeare Festival Toronto Stages Theater Company Regent Park Film Festival Regent Park School of Music Manifesto Why Not Theatre Pathways To Education Centre For Social Innovation Native Earth Performing Arts ArtHeart COBA
Okavango African Orchestra CD Release Concert
Batuki Music Society is proud to present the Okavango African Orchestra CD release concertOkavango African Orchestra - 12 instruments, 10 languages, 7 countries…one special concert. Okavango African Orchestra features a cast of nine accomplished African-born musicians who now live in Toronto and Montreal: Daniel Nebiat (krar, vocals-Eritrea), Tichaona Maredza (marimba, nyunga-nyunga, hosho, vocals-Zimbabwe), Donne Roberts (guitar, vocals-Madagascar), Kooshin (kaban, vocals-Somalia), Ebenezer Agyekum (bass-Ghana), Sadio Sissokho (kora, tama, djembe, vocals-Senegal), Nicolas Simbananiye (vocals-Burundi), Aron Nitunga (guitar, vocals-Burundi) and Kofi Ackah (percussion-Ghana). The concert will also feature dancer/choreographer Mabinty Sylla (Guinea). The orchestra takes its name from the Okavango Delta, a basin in the Kalahari Desert in Botswana, where many different animal species come together to feed and find water. Predators and prey are forced to coexist and share the meager resources because of the harsh environment around them. Similarly, Okavango: An African Orchestra brings together the traditional music and instruments of several major African cultures that historically have had little or no interaction. The musicians of Okavango have created a common meeting place for these disparate cultures, and a new musical language that harmonizes their different tuning systems, rhythms, and timbres. The musicians and instruments of Okavango represent a continuum of traditions and cultures from time immemorial to the present day. The multicultural spirit of modern-day Canada bridges ancient African solitudes. Over the autumn and winter, Okavango African Orchestra revisited the site of its triumphant debut, the Canadian Broadcasting Centre where it conquered a full house at Glenn Gould Studio the previous year during Black History month. Its members, returning and new, hunkered down at CBC’s ‘Studio 211’ for the recording of the group’s debut album of ten original songs due for release on February 27th, 2016. Okavango African Orchestra looks ahead on its continuing journey to an “Africa without borders… before the borders were created”.
Advance Tickets available at these locations:
- African Drum & Art Craft, 618 Dundas St. W.
- Soundscapes, 572 College St.
- New Bilan Restaurant, 183 Dundas St. W.