- This event has passed.
2013 Green Building Festival
October 3, 2013 @ 8:00 am - 8:00 pm$149
Join Sustainable Buildings Canada on Thursday, October 3rd to identify opportunities and explore best practices in the search for Integrated Solutions for District-Scale Sustainability.
This one-day event will continue last year’s exploration of 2030 Districts which are at the forefront of regional efforts to create strong environmental partnerships, coalitions, and collaboration around the ambitious, measurable, and achievable goals called for by Architecture 2030.
The 2013 Green Building Festival will feature:
- Ken Livingstone, former Mayor of London, U.K. (2000-2008), the east end sustainable redevelopment project leading up to the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Jennifer Keesmaat, Chief Planner, City of Toronto, planning for sustainability at the city level
- Daniel Skog, City of Malmo, Sweden, Western Harbour’s sustainable district infrastructure
- Brian Geller, Founder & Executive Director, Seattle 2030 District
- Scott Weir, Principal, E.R.A. Architects, the Maple Leaf Gardens adaptive reuse project
- Dale Mikkelsen, Director of Development, SFU Community Trust, Simon Fraser’s UniverCity
- Craig Applegath, Principal, DIALOG, the Symbiotic City concept
- Dan Leeming, Partner, The Planning Partnership, community planning component
- An overview of the Regent Park revitalisation project followed by a guided tour of the community
This one-day event will bring Canada’s leading decision-makers and opinion leaders together to transform the industry with inspirational keynote addresses, interactive panel discussions, and informative presentations.
And with such a jam-packed day of programming on Thursday, October 3rd, who can be surprised that we’ve added a NETWORKING BREAKFAST on Friday, October 4th.
For just $49 + HST, join Sustainable Buildings Canada at the Fairmont Royal York from 8am to 11am on Friday, October 4th for a Networking Breakfast that will include:
- A Panel Discussion featuring speakers from Enbridge Gas Distribution, Windmill Development Group, Hydro One Networks, and DCL Healthcare Properties
- A national update on the green building sector from CaGBC – Greater Toronto Chapter
- An introduction to EnerQuality’s new building labeling program from Corey McBurney,EnerQuality President
- A lighting workshop hosted by Osram Sylvania
- And Annemarie van Doorn, Founder & Director of the Green Business Club has been invited to describe how the Dutch Canadian Sustainable Planning & Buildng Network can improve knowledge transfer