- This event has passed.
3rd Annual Toronto Park Summit
March 2, 2013 @ 1:30 pm - 5:30 pmFREE
If you’re a park person, you need to be at the 3rd Annual Toronto Park Summit.
The Summit brings park advocates, city staff, and experts together with community groups, city councillors, and concerned Torontonians to network, brainstorm, and work together to build momentum for better parks in Toronto. The theme for this year’s Summit is “Good Parks for All Neighborhoods” and the speakers and activities will focus on ideas and inspiration for ensuring that no matter where you live in Toronto, you have access to a great park.
Parks are a vital part of any healthy community and it is important that all neighborhoods have the resources they need to generate and support a thriving park.
Tickets are free and can be purchased by clicking HERE
Formed in early 2011, Park People’s mission is to stand up for Toronto parks.
Park People works in partnership with communities, park staff and private enterprise to:
- Facilitate neighbourhood engagement in local parks
- Provide resources and information for local park citizens on best practices
- Build a network of local community park groups
- Bring public attention to issues affecting parks
- Highlight the importance of good parks to the social, health, environmental and economic well being of all residents of Toronto
For more information about Park People please visit http://www.parkpeople.ca/