- This event has passed.
Faze IgniteHer Event
September 15, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmFREE
A free live event created to inspire, empower and ignite young women to pursue their passion! Think hyped Ted Talk, with music, fun beauty stations, amazing giveaways, goodies, and of course, great speakers!
**This event is for young women ages 14-24**
MEET OUR SPEAKERS
YouTube Creator MEG “MAYBABY” DEANGELIS
– Born in Toronto, now living in LA
– Over 5.4 million YouTube subscribers, with over 440 million views
– 2.1 million Instagram followers
– 1.4 million Twitter followers
– Her specialty is DIY from beauty and clothes to accessories and decor
– She vlogs about her life, her DIY adventures, shares advice, tips and more!
– Youtube millionaire!
Check out her YouTube Channel.
PLUS: Meg DeAngelis will be on the COVER of Faze Magazine and you’ll be the first to witness the unveiling and receive a free copy!
Award-winning Speaker KELLY LOVELL
– Founder of The Kelly Effect, an award-winning motivational speaking and consulting firm
– 14 time award-winning entrepreneur
– Winner of Canada’s 2014 Caring Canadian Award presented by His Excellency Governor General of Canada
– In 2015, Kelly’s most broadcast keynote, “Achieving Success While Staying True to Who You Are,” played in
550 cities, 20 universities, and left one million social media impressions online
– Featured in FORBES, INC., Globe & Mail, FOX News, Entrepreneur and more
– Was the youngest of Canada’s Most Powerful Women Top 100 at 21-years-old
– One of Canada’s Top 20 Under 20
– Earlier this year she was the recipient of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal, and travelled
to London where she met the Queen!
Check out Kelly’s website!
Taliban Survivor, Author, Athlete MARIA TOORPAKAI
– Born in Waziristan, Pakistan, a remote region commonly referred to as the
“most dangerous place on earth”
– Lived under Taliban control
– She dressed as a boy for 16 years so she could compete in sports
– Wrote over 1,000 letters asking for help
– Jonathon Power, Canadian and #1 ranked squash player in the world, agreed to help her
– She is currently Pakistan’s #1 ranked female squash player
– Seen on Tedx, CNN’s GPS with Fareed Zakaria, BBC, NBC, Entertainment Weekly
– Author of “A Different Kind of Daughter”
– Film memoire “Girl Unbound” to be screened at TIFF 2016
– Invited to meet the Pope and speak at the first ever Sports and Faith Conference
at the Vatican.
Learn more about Maria.
Speaker, Author, Entrepreneur, Transformational CoachCHRISTAL EARLE
– Social entrepreneur
– Author of The Resonant Life
– Co-founder of international youth charity Live Different
– Creator of Your Brilliance Unlimited
– Professional blogger
– Mentored thousands of young adults in leadership and global social justice initiatives
– Hosts empowering podcast Finding Bravery
– Member of World Vision Canada’s Artist Collective
MEET OUR PERFORMERS:
-Won Slaight Music’s 2013 It’s Your Shot songwriting and artist development competition
-Co-wrote her current EP with Adam Alexander (Shawn Desman, Mia Martina) and New Royale’s Liz Rodrigues (Eminem, Dr Dre, Pink) and recording it with Alexander and co-producer Andrew “Marty” Martino of Down With Webster.
“To me, the most charming thing about music is when you see something or hear something unexpected,” Jillea says. “I love the fact that my image and my sound don’t make sense because it makes people question what does make sense and then it tests the boundaries of what’s acceptable.”
Check out her site!
Drawing inspiration from a diverse sonic palette ranging from cinematic orchestral arrangements reminiscent of a Hans Zimmer film score to the electronic sensibilities of modern pop music, LITEYEARS sound is an honest representation of themselves and their musical tastes: high energy, anthemic alternative-pop with a social conscience.
-five-piece pop band hailing from Toronto, Ontario
-members Brent Wirth and Brian Wirth are former winners of Slaight Music’s coveted “It’s Your Shot” songwriting competition with their previous musical project Thought Beneath Film
–American Towns was mixed by JUNO Award winner Vic Florencia (Jason Mraz, Highschool Musical, Tyler Shaw) and mastered by 11-time Grammy Award winner and industry legend Bob Ludwig (Nirvana, Queen, U2)
-in conjunction with their debut release, the band is releasing a five-part video series (“The Zoetic Sessions”), which feature various musical collaborations (ie. 10-piece marching drumline, 40-piece orchestra, world percussion ensemble, string quartet, etc.) for each song on the EP
-the band’s drummer, Joey Muha, is an online viral sensation known for his unique drum cover videos, which have garnered nearly 500,000 subscribers and over 100 million combined views.
– POPULAR is a new alternative pop band from Toronto consisting of family members; Ashton Mills, Garrett Fitzgerald, and Wesley Fitzgerald.
– Has toured Canada, The United States, Thailand, and The Philippines.
– Recent tour across Canada consisted of 90 shows for over 50,000 students under former name “FLTF”.
– Ashton Mills won 2 radio songwriting competitions with 2 songs he wrote for POPULAR, winning $20, 000 for the band.
– With the release of their first single, “STAY”, POPULAR is gearing up for their first release this Fall.
Check them out on Facebook and some great songs here!
Of course, we’ll be featuring our Faze Faves:
-Fun beauty stations
-Incredible free swag bags for the first 500 girls who arrive
-Super on-stage prizes up for grabs
How can you volunteer? Please send a quick email to email@example.com with “IgniteHer Volunteer + Your Name” in the subject line and someone from our team will get back to you! Of course, if you have some friends who want to volunteer with you be sure to include their names and email addresses so we can try to make sure you get to work together…we’ll do our best, but no guarantees on that. ♥:) Volunteers will get extra goodies, treats, prizes, plus you’ll meet other amazing people. This can also go towards any volunteer hours you may need to fulfill.
Brought to you by Faze Magazine: faze.ca
And a huge thank you to our amazing partners!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I sign up for my friend? Sorry, but they have to register for themselves.
Q: What if I forget my ticket? It’s a painful and tedius process to get it all sorted out…so just bring it! OR Just show us the digital ticket on your phone. 🙂
Q: Can anyone come? This event is open to all young women 16-24 years old.
Q: This is a great event. Why can’t just anyone attend? We’d love to invite everyone, but there wouldn’t be enough room! Faze focuses on empowering young women and these events are designed especially for them.
Q: My parent(s), older sister, brother, aunt, uncle, etc., will be dropping me off. Can they come in? They’re allowed in to make sure all is well, however, we ask that they head back out for a coffee or snack close by! They can always check back in whenever they want.
Q: How does seating work? Get there early so you can grab the best seats and sit where you want.
Q: I have a question/comment, how do I contact someone? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our team will get back to you ASAP!
Q: What if I can’t get there at 5pm sharp? Then you’ll probably miss some great stuff, so do your best! But, if it’s totally unavoidable there will still be someone at the door after 5pm to let you in.
Q: What kind of stuff do you have in the goody bags? Each event is different and so is each goody bag. In the past we’ve had fragrance samples like Vera Wang and Marc Jacobs, Splat Hair Color, Sennheiser earphones, Venus shavers, Rimmel makeup, Sally Hansen nail polish, Goody hair accessories, Mike&Ike candy, Garage $10 gift cards, and so much more!
Q: I love your events and want to help. How can I volunteer? Please send a quick email to email@example.com with “IgniteHer Volunteer + Your Name” in the subject line and someone from our team will get back to you! Of course, if you have some friends who want to volunteer with you be sure to include their names and email addresses so we can try to make sure you get to work together…we’ll do our best, but no guarantees on that. ♥:) Volunteers will get extra goodies, treats, prizes, plus you’ll meet other amazing ppl. This can also go towards any volunteer hours you may need to fulfil.