- This event has passed.
Regent Park Film Festival’s Fundraising Screening
October 22, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm$50
Regent Park Film Festival’s Annual Fundraising Screening, featuring 2015 Hot Docs Film Mom and Me
Mom and Me, directed by Lena Macdonald, produced by Gordon Henderson and Lena Macdonald.
Mom and Me is a personal and intimate documentary about a young filmmaker coming of age in extraordinary circumstances. It follows the complicated relationship between director Lena Macdonald and her mother, who was once a filmmaker herself, but ended up homeless, crack-addicted and on the streets. For ten years Lena filmed in the cold, hard streets of Toronto’s inner city and her story is raw, honest and unforgettable. MOM and ME is about addiction, prostitution and despair but it is also a story about family, the power of hope and the tenacity of love.
For the trailer, click here.
- Thursday, October 22, 2015
- Cocktail reception starts at 6:30pm
- Screening of Mom and Me starts at 8pm
- Buy a ticket to the fundraising screening ($50)
- Buy a ticket for a youth from Regent Park to attend the screening or participate in a Regent Park Film Festival workshop ($50)
- Sponsor the Regent Park Film Festival Fundraising Screening: benefits include two tickets to the fundraising screening, festival merchandise, and special recognition at film festival ($250)
All tickets include a charitable tax receipt.
All proceeds go towards keeping the Festival and all our activities FREE!