- This event has passed.
Toronto Arts Foundation: Arts in the Parks Community Information Session
May 4, 2016 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pmFREE
Toronto Arts Foundation invites you to learn more about Arts in the Parks at our Community Information Session.
Arts in the Parks is a free annual outdoor initiative that will bring arts events to parks across Toronto, with underserved areas being a priority. Launching in the spring of 2016, Arts in the Parks will encourage community building, enjoyment of local parks, and offer arts events for residents and tourists of all ages. Events will include performances, dance, music, theatre, film, community-engaged work and temporary installations by arts groups. Selected parks are located throughout Toronto, from Etobicoke to Scarborough and North York to the downtown core.
Arts in the Parks is a new initiative of the Toronto Arts Foundation and the Toronto Arts Council, being presented in partnership with City of Toronto Parks, Forestry & Recreation, Arts & Culture Services, and Park People.
This session will include a short presentation about Arts in the Parks, topics including but not limited to:
- What is Arts in the Parks?
- Arts in the Parks Partners
- Park Permits: An Overview/Update
- Marketing Campaign Overview + How Artists/Arts Groups Can Join
- Volunteer Program Overview
- Animating Toronto Parks Overview
- Andrea Damiano, City of Toronto Parks Permit Officer, will be in attendance (TBC). Light refreshments will be provided.
Toronto Arts Foundation invites all artists and arts groups to learn more about Arts in the Parks and attend this information session.