Artscape is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for Daniels Spectrum Summer Series!
We invite you to read this call and submit your application by Friday April 28, 2023 at 5:00pm to become part of an initiative that aims to bring versatile programming and activities to the streets of Regent Park, engage and inspire youth and families and provide meaningful training and employment opportunities
Summer Series is a micro-grant program that brings free arts and culture programming to the community of Regent Park, employment opportunities for at-risk youth and skill building, mentorship and coaching to local arts organizations. Summer Series is an Artscape program, and is funded in partnership with Tridel and Toronto Community Housing.
The purpose of this program is to animate the outdoor spaces of Regent Park during the summer months with a diverse range of free, community focused, arts programming.
Artscape is looking to partner with 6-7 community organizers to deliver free outdoor arts and cultural programs, events and/or installations in Regent Park from July to September 2023.
Examples of previously funded initiatives have included outdoor film screenings, drop-in dance and drama programs, interactive street art installations, outdoor concerts, bi-weekly community block parties and much more.
Successful applicants will:
- Receive a maximum of $5,000 to run their initiative
- Receive in-kind staffing and equipment from Artscape
- Receive supplementary marketing and promotional support as part of the overarching Summer Series marketing plan
- Become part of a growing initiative that engages and inspires Regent Park residents through free outdoor arts and cultural programming
Eligible Event dates: July 1 to September 23, 2023
PLEASE NOTE: While a key goal of the initiative is to engage youth aged 14-29, Artscape also encourages applications geared to all age groups.
Priority will be given to applications made by Regent Park organizations and individuals; however, this call is open to organizations based outside the Regent Park community, provided they collaborate with a Regent Park organization or community member (Artscape defines a Regent Park community member as a person who is currently active in the Regent Park community, e.g. a current or former resident, or a staff or volunteer working with a Regent Park based organization). Please be sure to include the contact information of the partnered Regent Park organization or community member on your application (under “Secondary Contact”).
For applicants unfamiliar with the Regent Park community, it is suggested that you identify potential local community partners. However, it is the responsibility of the applicant to contact local organizations or groups to develop partnerships and collaborations.
Events or activities of a religious nature or those that include the proselytization or evangelization of religious beliefs will not be eligible for funding under this program.
CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCESS
Applications will be reviewed by a jury composed of Regent Park community members and stakeholders who will review applications based on the following criteria:
- Strength of vision for the proposed project
- Engagement of Regent Park residents (especially youth aged 14-29)
- Arts based programming that animates the outdoor spaces adjacent to Daniels Spectrum (Regent Park Boulevard, Daniels Spectrum Courtyard and/or Regent Park – aka the Big Park, Athletic Grounds, etc.)
- Impact of the project on Regent Park residents (including opportunities for training/employment of residents and youth specifically)
- Strength of proposed marketing and promotions strategy (i.e. ability to attract attendees)
- Experience and/or demonstrated capacity to run the proposed programming
- Anticipated reach of the proposed project on the Regent Park community and beyond
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply for this opportunity by completing our application form.
You will also be required to complete and submit a budget template for your proposed program. Please click the link below to download the budget template. When you have finished filling them out, please save them and upload them with your application.
We strongly urge anyone interested in applying to attend an information session in the CSI Community Living Room at Daniels Spectrum on Thursday March 30th 2023 at 5:00pm. At this information session, Artscape will review the application, provide tips for writing a compelling application and review the expectations of successful applicants.
All submissions are considered confidential.
This program is possible thanks to the generous support of:
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions or require assistance with the submission process, please contact Farid Jalil, Hub Manager Daniels Spectrum, by email at fjalil[at]Artscape.ca, or by phone at (647) 292-7296.